Our Board (Victoria Society for Children with Autism) recognize that with the COVID-19 virus things are working differently right now within society. As you know, our Board made the decision to suspend our in-person services for the time being; however, we are working on ways that we can help and assist those in the community.
Meanwhile, we have been made aware through our partnerships that there are a few opportunities that are available to assist our membership. Please let us know if there is anything you’d like more information on or an area you think we may be able to assist you with.
- There is a list of community resources put together by Quadra Village Community Centre (14 pages) that lists food resources, shelter resources, health and well being as well as crisis and suicide prevention line 24/7 (1-800-784-2433) and near the end of the document talks about financial support. Community Resources (April 1,2020)
- A local non-profit Living Edge provides specializes in providing free groceries (fresh good not just canned goods) on a weekly basis at various locations around town. A few locations have closed but 6 locations open weekly. Check out their website for details. https://livingedge.ngo/
- Our office “Landlord” (Volunteer Victoria) reached out today saying they have volunteers waiting to help if any V.S.C.A. families need groceries, pick ups, or pet care. Other things can be arrange. Please simply email our email@example.com and we liaison with Volunteer Victoria to see what can be done.
- Our Board is also working on ideas on how we can continue community within our group. Some ideas include the following:
- Online Board Games
- Online Parent Coffee Breaks
- Online Netflix Party
- Online Activities and Art Shows
- These are just some ideas, if you have others or would like to be involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org